This week, as an antidote to the Brexit information overload we have all been exposed to, we thought we would construct a blog post which required little in the way of serious reading.
Looking over our notes from the last six months of vlog filming from the ‘sofa of success’ we could see a number of common themes arising time and time again and we decided it would be nice to share these with you without too much added editorial from our good selves.
For ease, we split them across three areas – reasons why people enter awards, learnings from the awards application process and the most rewarding things about award success. Now, we could have produced very, very long lists for each of these areas but we thought, in the spirit of ‘less is more’, that top 5’s might be most useful.
So, here we go…
TOP 5 REASONS WHY PEOPLE ENTER AWARDS
- To prove to themselves that what they are doing is award-worthy
- To see how they compare to their peers
- To win new business
- To have their hard work and achievements recognised
- To reward their employees for hard work and their support
TOP 5 LEARNINGS FROM AWARD ENTRY
- Allow enough time to complete, check and re-check the entry
- Split the entire application into smaller sections to make it less daunting
- Speak to friends and colleagues for advice
- Be open to which awards and categories could be relevant
- Remember what is the ‘day to day job’ for you may not be standard practice for others
TOP 5 MOST REWARDING THINGS ABOUT AWARD SUCCESS
- It feels so good to hear your name read out as the winner at the ceremony
- It shows that what you are doing is special and appreciated
- It raises morale across the whole business
- It introduces some exclusive networking opportunities
- It raises the profile of the business and attracts new clients
If you would like to hear our guests talk about all of the above in a little more detail and share their own personal experiences, the full conversations with Rach of The Awards People can be seen at our Vlogs page. If seeing the joy of others has made you determined to seek some awards success for yourself then get in touch and let us guide you through what might just be the most important (and fun!) business decision you ever made…