At The Awards People we understand fully that the hectic world of business does not often allow for the indulgence of ‘me time’ and that the completion of an award entry is not something which is easy to fit in amongst the essential day-to-day activities (after all, that’s one of the reasons our award writing service exists!!).
Five Top Tips On How To Tackle Your Award Entry
One thing we do know, however, is that the mindset with which you tackle your award entry can make a whole lot of difference to how laborious the task ultimately turns out to be. So, here’s a few ideas we’d like to suggest which could just make it all a little easier – and provide some great material for general business review to boot;
- Think less about the process being an awards application – imagine someone has asked you to write a summary of the things you or your business as a whole achieved in the last 12 months
- Identify one or two things from the resulting ‘summary of greatness’ you compile, concentrating perhaps on the things of which you were particularly proud
- Don’t be put off if your best achievements were actually made through very simple actions. The tweak you made may not have been ingenious but the idea to incorporate that tweak to gain significant improvement most probably was!
- Remind yourself of the real effect these achievements had across the business and you’ve instantly got a whole lot of material to use within your application without a whole lot of effort
- Prepare for success with early evidence gathering (and get an employee engagement boost as a bonus) by encouraging a bit of feedback from your staff on how they’ve benefitted from any changes that were introduced
In these more holistically-enlightened days we are frequently encouraged to take more time out for activities associated with mindfulness, perhaps even self- contemplation. Whilst we can’t guarantee that the above tips will offer any elevated state of well-being, we are very confident that only good can result from taking the time to think about the great things you and your business have already achieved. What’s more, award entry writing doesn’t require any specialised equipment or Lycra clothing (except by personal choice) and the only muscle experiencing any degree of strain is the grey matter.
Of course if you prefer to undertake even less in the way of exertion then The Awards People can leap to your assistance with one of our award-winning award writing packages…