Here at The Awards People HQ we could almost fill a book with reasons why our clients should enter awards (and we may do in the future…). For some, the driving factors are unique; part of a personal development plan or business strategy, but for most it is simply a result of significant success and is a natural step to having achievements recognised and celebrated in the wider community.
Whatever the route taken to award entry, we know that those who take part (never mind those who actually win) find it to be a very positive and truly valuable experience. Difficult as it is, we thought we would highlight just 5 top reasons why entering business awards is a fabulous idea.
- It allows you to see how you compare to your peers – As soon as you hit the enter button on your award submission your details are winging their way to an awards judge who will compare and score them against your competitors within your chosen category. Take a breath and remember that rather than being scary, this is an amazing opportunity to see how your activities compare to those of other businesses. You know you are a winner, but you’ve now taken the first step to having this independently verified!
- It is a great way to attract new clients and prospects – It’s commonly recognised that award winners tend to experience a flurry of interest from new prospective clients (after all, everyone wants to deal with the most successful companies), but even those award-nominated businesses see a significant spike in engagement. The mere use of award-related key words across social media and PPC (pay-per-click) really can open up new opportunities from hitherto disinterested parties.
- It cements, or indeed improves, employee morale – Who doesn’t want to work for a successful company? How better to get the word out there than to win or be shortlisted for a prestigious award? Being part of a hard-working team goes part-way to instilling a sense of pride amongst employees but being part of an award-winning team, well that’s priceless; and at a time when wage increases are not always a financial possibility, recognition of achievement can be a great way to reward those who have worked towards the success of the company.
- It opens up valuable and exclusive networking opportunities – The value of business networking has long been understood, but networking at an awards event amongst like-minded, ambitious business people who have undergone the same submission process as you introduces an instant commonality which makes for easy conversation. As you stand in a room full of interesting new contacts, you know (and of course they know) that you have earned your place at the table; your reputation very definitely precedes you.
- You have worked hard and deserve to be recognised – You’ve put in the hours, have most probably made a lot of personal sacrifices and therefore wholly deserve the opportunity to shine. Rather than wonder if what you have done is enough to have risen amongst your peers, get your business award submission in to find out how you truly compare to other businesses and other individuals in your position.